Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog vomited about 7 times clear mucusy fluid and now his

My dog vomited about 7 times clear mucusy fluid and now his stomach is making really loud gurgling noises
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Vomiting in dogs can be due to many thing- gastroenteritis (general irritation), eating something that is not agreeing, an obstruction, infection, metabolic disease, ect.

The majority of cases will be due to a non-specific gastroenteritis and conservative care at home can often relieve the signs.

This is what I would do for now:
1. With hold food and water until he goes 6-8 hours without vomiting
2. Give over the counter Pepcid AC (Famotidine) at a dose of  0.25 mg per lb every 12-24 hours
3. After the fasting period you can try either a bland diet of broiled chicken/ hamburger and rice. If not available, you can just give small frequent meals (3-4 meals/day rather than 1-2 meals/day). If any diarrhea is noted, you can also give 1-2 teaspoons of canned pumpkin with the meals. The extra fiber helps firm up loose stool and promote normal colon motility.
4. This will usually resolve the signs in 2-3 days if a non-specific gastroenteritis.

If that does not help, then bloodwork and x-rays may be indicated to rule out other causes and getting an exam and work up would be ideal.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.