Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

hi, My 9 months Siberian Husky got attacked by another dog

My 9 months Siberian Husky got attacked by another dog this past Sunday.She got two scratch marks on her face now and I'm not sure how deep they are, except that it definitely cut the skin and there's no fur there.
I washed the wound and it seems to be healing fine, at least I don't think I see pus or signs of bleeding anymore. My question is, will the fur grow back after scabbing? or will my dog have a visible scar?
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Sansa.
With a superficial injury, I have no reason to believe that there would be deep scarring and resulting problems with normal hair regrowth.

But, if those wounds get infected, which happens very often, that could change the outcome.
Scratches and bites from dogs or cats carry huge loads of antibiotics, so to help ensure no complications, this type of injury is worth a vet visit. Often, a course of antibiotics may still be necessary.

So, considering that the injuries due include a definite cut in the skin, if it does not heal correctly, a scar is very possible.

If only an abrasion, likely no complication.
But, a deeper cut may scar.

I would start applying a triple antibiotic to the wounds at least twice daily and try to get into a vet by tomorrow to ensure oral antibiotics are not needed.

Sorry to hear Sansa got injured. Hope everything else goes okay.
Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. DO NOT rate if you are not satisfied yet or have any other questions. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.

I hope everything is going okay. May I be of any further assistance?