Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

Hi, I want to get a playmate for my two year old Sealyham Terrier,

Hi, I want to get a playmate for my two year old Sealyham Terrier, and I was wondering if the two breeds would get along, I know I need a female, he gets along with them better. Ive read all good things about the Norfolk Terrier, and it seems to be a good match, of course my dog has been neutered. Would appreciate your input on this question
Thanks so much Penny Fulmer
Hi JaCustomer,.My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. .I think that will be a good match. They are both terriers with the norfolk just being a little smaller which is also a good idea. Definitely go with a female. You can have an alpha male and alpha female in one house but you can not have two alpha males. . Be sure and have her spayed before her first heat cycle. Unfixed dogs are higher in the pack and you do not want the female becoming sexually mature and feeling she has the right to be the top dog in the house. I think you have made a good choice of breed to be a companion for you sealyham terrier male. .I hope this information is helpful to you and you are satisfied with my response. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have ..If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may go here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well. Please recommend me to your friends and family members if they have any problems with their dog as well. I would truly appreciate it.