Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

my puppy licked dthe coating off one side of a naproxen sodium

my puppy licked dthe coating off one side of a naproxen sodium tablet...please advise???!!!
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Panda.

As long as the pill was not ingested, and a large majority of the pill remains, you are in good shape. I would see no reason to induce vomiting or any specific emergency therapy at this time.

Certainly, I would still advise to keep an eye out for any vomiting, diarrhea, or blood in the stool, but not expecting much to happen.

Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.