Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My daughters puppy had kennel cough. She was treated for

My daughter's puppy had kennel cough. She was treated for it before she adopted her about 3 weeks ago. Luna still coughs a little. Should we be concerned?
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a 2003 graduate, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Luna.
Often, there will still be a lingering bronchitis from all the coughing. So, a little cough can persist despite the infection being gone. It would be worth having the vet listen to the chest to be certain everything sounds okay, but there may be no clear indication that you have to do more antibiotics. Sometimes, a cough can persist for an week or two.

Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.

Hello
I hope everything is going okay. May I be of any further assistance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no thanks

Sounds good Carol.
Have a nice day and hope everything is fine.