Thanks for the quick response. I think the vet has prescribed steriod on Jack a while back and it should have worked at that time. The vet has mentioned about pancreatic test at one point and asked if Jack also vomitted. The answer was no at that time. Recently he vomitted once a few weeks ago, not serious and that was just one time.
I want to know: is there anything we could do to stop his diarrhea and get him to eat again as he is losing weight quickly? Must we put him on the operating table to find out the cause? He is 10 years old already. If really cancerous, is it the beginning of the end?
Thanks a lot!
Your reply is helpful. Just to be clear, do you mean the blood test for pancreatic anzyme level? He had blood test in Apr this year, revealing very low protein level, and low RBC (red blood cells I think) that I can recollect from the vet's conversaton. Also high BUN level and low PLT, whatever those mean.
One medicine from the last vet visit made him "dry up", no poo at all during the two to three days, and it seems to dry his mouth to the extent that it couldn't move his tongue for drinking water -- he had to struggle for about 10 mins before he could drink water. Is it the steriod therapy?
We decided to let Jack have the operations and do the biopsis. Quick test on the pancreative matter did not show any definitive result but his albumin level was zero on last Sat. The vet said he was in a critical condition though he looked lively.
Jack will go throug the operations in another two hours today. The vet just called and prepared us that we may have to make a decision, in case it'd turn out to be cancer, whether to let him go or to stitch him up. For latter, he may live for a while with chemo or other treatment, but given his poor condition (low albumin), his internal wound may not get healed, and he would continue to suffer.
When I visited him yesterday, Jack was still very lively, wanting to chase cats in the pet hospital.... I can imagine he would go in just 24 hours....
What is your suggestion or view? Thanks.
Thanks for the quick answer. It'd be indeed a heart breaking decision. We are hoping for the best.
God bless him.