Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

my golden has a big lump on his and it is getting bigger.

my golden has a big lump on his butt and it is getting bigger. THe vet thinks it is hemiosarcoma. Not sure if it is malignant. He has had it since December.
He is almost 9 years old.
Hi there and thank you for your question. I am a licensed veterinarian and would be happy to assist you. With a mass that might be cancerous and is getting larger, the recommendation would be to have it surgically removed. Depending on the type of cancer, removing it might be enough to cure it or significantly increase your dog's life span. I would have it surgically removed as soon as possible and send it in for biopsy. If you are not interested in pursuing surgery, I would have your vet aspirate it again and make several slides from the aspirate and then send the slides in to the lab to have a pathologist read the slides to tell if it is malignant. Then your vet can use that information to determine if there is a treatment such as steroids that may help. Hope this helps! Best of luck. If you have further questions, please reply to me before rating my service.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lucca. How is everything going?

Ann M.