Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

I have a 9 week old black lab pup! we let him out about a week

I have a 9 week old black lab pup! we let him out about a week ago to go pee and it was raining he sliped in the yard and hurt his leg! we thought he broke it so took him to the vet and the injury is in the knee! we then had a specilast look at him and she said it might be a torn tendon! he is limping on it a little now but is putting most of his weight on it! she said she don't like doing surgry on such young dogs but everything I read says the longer u wait the worse it gets! any advise?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. Many Vets feel the conservative methods, especially in young dogs is the way to go with Ligmament issues. Rest, restricted activity, Hydrotherapy, and Physical thereapy are all recommended to the conservative therapy. Another option would be a brace that is made specifically for Muzzy to help keep the joint from slipping out of place. We do see these injuries heal with therapy and restricted monitored exercise.THis link goes over the different protocols for injuries and may help ease your mind on waiting: Since you have seen an Orthopedic Specialist, I think going with their choice of treatment for Muzzy is the best option. Please let me know if you need further clarification or if you have further questions. Joan