Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I think my dog are a Zyrtec-d will it hurt him?

Dr. J. :

GIve me a minute and I will get back to you

Dr. J. :

Hi , I am DrJ and I will try to help you. Zyrtec D has an antihistamine and pseudoephredrine in it. It is not likely to cause any type of permanent damage. It could make him very hyper and if he starts to pant uncontrollably or pace, then you should take him to your vet where they will likely give him fluids to help flush out the pseudofed. Decongestants are generally not given to dogs as they have undesirable side effects.Just watch closely for those symptoms and take him in if you see them. We will keep our fingers crossed that he will do fine. Please let me know if I can be of further help. I will be unavailable until the am as I have full time hospital job to go to but I will check back in in am to see how Louie is doing. You can post to another expert if you need help after 10 pm. Most Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: I ended up calling poison control for animals they had me make my dog throw up using peroxide and still recommended I go to emergency vet as they said it could be dangerous to my dog especially with him being older.
Hi, Glad your dog is doing well and feel free to contact me if you need further help. Sincerely, DrJ