Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

My 45-pound dog just ate the cats 5mg methimazole tablet.

My 45-pound dog just ate the cat's 5mg methimazole tablet. Is this bad?

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. In a situation like this, that big of a dog eating this amount of methimazole isn't going to be a bad situation. It wouldn't be one that should have any adverse effects on him. I wouldn't recommend any further therapy for it at this time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't think so. He has had a few health scares so wanted to make sure. He has no gall bladder. Does that matter in any way? Just being paranoid here...

You're being concerned about a loved family member. That isn't being paranoid! The fact that he's had his gall bladder removed isn't going to change things here. This again should be a "non" issue for him.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

I'm glad to have been of help! Give him a good petting for me and tell him to stay out of trouble. Take care. Please don't forget to rate me if you can.