Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

the same dog i had questions about earlier, the answer which

the same dog i had questions about earlier, the answer which was provided by Lisa, has also been having what seems to be repiratory symptoms, i.e., panting and snoring. I just worry, she is about 4-6 yrs. old I think ( she was a rescue), and she doesn't seem to be in any real distress. If I wake her the snoring stops, untilll she falls bak to sleep...is this sleep apnea symptoms for a dog? Thank-you, Pam
Hello again!

Is it only when she's sleeping that she's having these issues?

Do you ever notice a blue tinge to her tongue or gums?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not only when she is sleeping, but usually; like now she is watching me but i hear respiratory sounds, wheezing...i checked her gums, they are good red/pink.

When was the last time the vet gave her chest a good listen to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2 months

Thanks so much for the extra information Pam.

Because she's a bit overweight, and that she has some Chihuahua in her, I can't help but wonder if she has something going on with her heart. We tend to see a lot of CHF (congestive heart failure) in Chihuahuas. This is a health issue where the heart doesn't pump as effectively as it should, which can cause a fluid build up in the lungs.

Often, this can present with coughing, but in other cases it can just present as difficulty breathing or panting.

If she's been doing this panting since you got her, then odds are it's nothing to worry about. However, if this is a new thing, you should have your vet take a listen to her, just to be on the safe side.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This has been of fairly recent onet, not since I obtained her, more or less about 8 months...the CHF sounds like looking into. i had not thought about that, maybe change in diet and low dose diuretics may help?

If that's what she has going on, it's definitely possible they'll get her on a light diet and probably some Lasix.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

was your "gut feeling" CHF

From your description, it is.
Hi Pam,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tinkerbell. How is everything going?

Lisa