Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

my dog MAY have eaten rat/mouse ingredient

my dog MAY have eaten rat/mouse ingredient brodiofacoum.. is there an over the counter antedote?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a vet tech tech for 30+ years. and would be happy to help. Dr Fiona is not available.

What brand was the Rat poison?

How long ago did this happen?

Do you have a bottle of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in the house?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

d-con. happened 45 mintues ago. we have a bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide

The type of Rat poison that you used that has the brodifacoum is a second generation anticoagulant that can cause the dog to bleed to death, if not removed from the system and followed with Vitamin K1. If this happened within the last hour we will need to induce vomiting by giving a piece of bread and then 1 teaspoon full of the Peroxide per 10 pounds of body weight. Jostle the stomach and then jog the dog around. He should vomit within 10 mins. If he does not we can repeat this one time. If it does not work, then an ER Vet visit will be needed. The antidote is activated charcoal lavage and Vitamin K1 and followed up with pills sent home and blood work. I will stand by for further help. Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?