Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

Is it OK to give Gapapentin for my dogs arthritis this evening

Is it OK to give Gapapentin for my dog's arthritis this evening after she had a very small dose of Rimadyl this morning (the Rimady dose for her weight is 1/2 tab and she had about 1/8 tab....she shouldn't take Rimadyl at all...liver issues..but she looked uncomfortable)....I know I have to wait for Rimadyl to be out of her system for 3 days before she can take aspirin or this also true of Gabapentin?...thanks
Hello there. My name isXXXXX It is perfectly safe for her to take Gabapentin with Rimadyl. So there will be no problem with a dose of gabapentin tonight if she had rimadyl this morning. We commonly give these two medications together with no problem. I hope this helps! please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help! Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time.. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX also been reading about Adequan injections....what is your feeling about giving them a try?

Adequan injections are wonderful I see many dogs have very positive responses when they start this therapy. Some people have a hard time with the idea of giving injections but if you are comfortable with this then it is a great option. There are really no conditions we worry about giving adequan too unlike rimadyl. So definitely worth a try!
Hi Bree,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lily. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Started Gabapentin Thursday night and it seems to be working...only been 3 days but I do see some more Rimadyl for her....going to get her first Adequan injection next week...thank you SO much, Dr, Whitehead for checkin in with us...much appreciated!...have a great day!!