Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

what is the worst infection or disease from dog saliva by

what is the worst infection or disease from dog' saliva by kissing eyes and other muscous membrane. is there any disease such as hiv virus (non curable) Actually my dog licked my underware and penis while i sleeping. What i want to know is there any disease getting by licking penis ( if possible, can i get the disease also by licking eye or other muscous membrane) / is there any weird disease getting only by licking pennis???
I can't not find exact answer on Internet... pls. help...
Hello and welcome.

This is not an information request but just a short message to introduce myself.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Please give me fifteen minutes or so to think through your particular problem, prepare an answer, and then type things up. I will then get back to you and we can then talk things over.

Regards,

Scott
Hello again Lee and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think ...

I think you have very little cause for concern here, I do not know of any disease which will normally pass to humans via dog saliva, in fact dog saliva has anti-bacterial properties which will take out some bacterial infections, that's why dogs lick each other's wounds, the saliva has some healing properties.

Of course there are exceptions such as rabies were the saliva contains the virus and is transmitted via bites and rarely via open wounds. Having carefully read your question through I would very much doubt if you have any cause for concern. However I am no doctor so if any odd symptoms develop you should be checked over by your physician without delay, I would be very surprised if this proves necessary ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott