Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

9 year neutered mAle , on thyroid meds , developed dime size

9 year neutered mAle , on thyroid meds , developed dime size hard lumps directly opposite dew claws on both paws. Recently kennels for 9 days and they don't seems too hurt or bother him
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear about Timmy's growths. That is a good thing that they are not bothering him at this point and time. With the history of having him kenneled for 9 days there is a good chance that this is a result of kenneling. Either a cyst or a callus. I would monitor them closely for the next 10 - 14 days. If they enlarge or change significantly in shape then have them seen by your vet to aspirate them and look at cells under the microscope to make sure they are nothing to worry about. But since they are on both sides equally it is highly unlikely to be a cancerous growth but checking them is the only way to know for sure. It would be perfectly safe to monitor them for now though with just being in a kennel and the fact they aren't bothering him. Also you do not need to do anything with them or apply anything at this point and time. Just monitor them closely. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. thank you!