Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

My small dog had his out, I happened to look. His

My small dog had his penis out, I happened to look. His penis is white and seems thinner than usual. Just got him back from an old friend so I'm unsure about how long its been like this. Should I be alarmed?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that Kovu has you worried.

A dogs penis is normally more narrow then you would expect. It is also common for it to be a pale pick to white color when it is out. The dogs penis actually has a bone called the os penis this is what causes the whitish appearance when the penis is out as the skin is pulled tight against the bone

As long as he is not having any trouble urinating and is not obsessively licking the area then I would say what you are seeing is a normal representation of the canine penis and I would not be concerned.

I hope this helps ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to continue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, he doesn't obsessively lick it, but he does suck himself off. Odd yes, but its true, and there's probably no worry there either.

actually not odd at all and something that is normal for some dogs