Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

My Rottweiler is support to have puppys and the 29 of this

My Rottweiler is support to have puppy's and the 29 of this month and lastnight she was wining and crying. She is licking her nipples and got little red bumps and them. She looked bigger before but not as big as she was. What's going on
Hi Sir or Madam,
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me about 30-45 minutes to type up your response. I hope you can be patient.
When was your girl first mated to the stud?
Has her pregnancy been verified by your vet?
Was she given any unusual treats, had a food change, or new dog treat in the last few days?
Is she digging in her bedding or in an unusual place?
Does she have any discharge such as a whitish mucousy one or a brownish discharge?
Has she had any vomiting yet?
Is she having diarrhea?
Is your girl on a good high quality puppy food?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was breed Aug 29 and no vet. she has got sick once or twice. Yes she just started digging a couple of days ago. She is on puppy chow for Adlut dogs. No diarrhea that I've seen. This is her first.pragnates.

Trina,.I'm not sure what you mean when you say Puppy Chow for adult dogs. She needs to be on food designed for puppies not adult dogs. The puppy food ensures she has the proper nutrition for the developing puppies as their requirements are different than an adult dogs. If she is not eating food designed for puppies, get her on it as soon as possible to prevent problems with her being able to feed the puppies properly. .The rash is probably an allergic reaction to an unusual treat or possibly a new cleaning agent etc. If she is laying on new bedding or recently washed bedding, wash it if it is new or wash it without detergent if it was recently wash to try and remove any detergent. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets in the dryer. .The licking of the nipples is perfectly normal as a dog will do it to help remove the hair from around the nipples which you should have noticed by now. It also helps toughen the nipples. Some dogs will whine a bit when doing this but the rash may also be causing some itchiness and whining. You should start seeing an increase in the nesting behavior as well as more whining, some eating of grass and discharge this last week..Frequently as you get closer to the due date, the stomach will start some pre labor contractions much like a human does and it will appear as if the dog is not as pregnant as you first thought. This is also pretty normal and should not be a concern. However, since the pregnancy was not confirmed by a vet, a false pregnancy is possible. I wouldn't assume it is a false pregnancy though unless she goes over her due date. .

I hope this information is helpful to you and you are satisfied with my response. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have .

If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may go here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well. Please recommend me to your friends and family members if they have any problems with their dog as well. I would truly appreciate it.