Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

I have a male pitbull and a female pit brother and sister and

I have a male pitbull and a female pit brother and sister and both fixed they have been together for 8 years they had there first fight. I love both of them they are good with everyone . But for the first they got into a bad fight. What should I do I think it was over a
Milk bone. They both get the best of foods Never under feed I even cook for them
I don't know what to do cause I love them both. They live inside with me
Please give me some help
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today. Just like an in person consult...I have a few questions...

When was the last time the dogs had a vet visit with blood work?

Are they crate trained?

How serious was the fight....was it lots of noise, or was there blood drawn?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just a week ago both of them at the same time

No not crate trained

No not real loud. Not really any blood drawn

It lasted for about 15 seconds and I yelled loud and female quit fighting
So there wasn't any real physical fight?

Can you describe exactly what the dogs did?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just finished feeding them so I gave both some milk bones and my female had enough and she was trying to put them aside for later I guess so my male was walking by the milk bones an
it upset my female and I ran over cuz I could see it was about to begin and as soon as I got to them it started i broke it up fast So I stop it from getting real bad. What should I do is it better to out
Thanks for the additional information Leon. I really appreciate it.

It really sounds to me like this may have been an isolated incident. The fact that these dogs have lived together peacefully for the last 8 years, and have recently had an exam by their vet, which tells me that they likely don't have an underlying medical issue.

As I'm sure you know, these dogs can be very, very powerful, and can inflict a lot of damage on one another, so the fact that there was no blood drawn and that it wasn't even very loud makes me feel like it was not an aggressive issue, but rather just a case of one dog not wanting to give up her treats.

Of course, we don't want things like this to happen again, so I think from now on when you're giving them something yummy, you should make sure to just sort of hang out there to monitor things. Once the dogs are done with their treats, if it turns out that someone doesn't finish the treat, you should pick it up off the floor and put it away until later. This will keep them from having an altercation like the last one.

If it turns out that they start these disagreements with some regularity, then you may want to start feeding them and giving them treats in separate rooms..just to keep everyone safe.

I hope this helps.