Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts ASAP
thank you so much for helping.
Yes she is spayed she was spayed about a month or so ago.
The berries are the only thing I know that she ate. However our other shar pei female who is only one year old eats them all the time without any issues. Halo has never and is not one who eats sticks or bones etc. But she has been known to eat a few of these cherries. I am just wondering if maybe she ate two many??
Her belly appears normal to me. It is not extended and when I push on it on both sides she appears ok. It does seem to be a little firm underneath her belly but not rock hard.
The cherry is tree is not normal cherrys that you and I eat they are much smaller. If she was suffering from the toxins would she still be eating and walking around?
She has not vomited at all and she is not panting. She does get up when I take her outside to use the bathroom and she does walk but slow. She ate a little yesterday and drank water, however today I could not get her to drink anything so I fed her fluid through a turkey baster. She did go outside and urinate but she has not had a bowel movement today.
What might I expect if I take her to the vet. Do you think they will want to do xrays etc?
I too was worried about the toxins from the what i call cherries but at the same time she shows signs of eating and moving but what concerns me is her lathargicness (sp?) She really doesnt want to do anything and just wants to lay on her dog bed.