Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

My dog licked epoxygrout

My dog licked epoxygrout
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Did he actually eat the product or just lick it?

Can you tell me the name of the product if he actually did more then lick it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She just licked it . The name is XXXXX XXXXX from lowes
Thank you .

According to the material safety data sheet the main ingredient in this is silica sand. If she had ingested some then we would be concerned about a possible intestinal blockage or in some cases problems with the lungs so thankfully that is not the case.

If she just licked it then the biggest concern would be some digestive upset but I doubt even that will happen with just a lick.
Should she develop any vomiting then you can give Pepcid AC to settle the stomach. This is dosed at 0.25mgs per pound of body weight every 12 hours.

While I would not expect to see any serious complications any dog could have a potential unexpected allergic reaction so I would just keep an eye on her for the next hour or two but again I suspect she will be just fine.

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?