Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

I have a 10 year old pomeranian mix (about 9lbs, just to give

I have a 10 year old pomeranian mix (about 9lbs, just to give a sense of size). I'll be taking her camping this weekend and am concerned about ticks. I gave her a dose of advantage multi last weekend, but just realized it does not cover ticks.

What can I do to help prevent an issue with ticks? Is it safe to give her a dose of Frontline? Would a tick collar be effective or preferable?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Dr. G. :

Hello, my name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Dr. G. :

Unfortunately, there is no product that covers all parasites, so she will need another product. A monthly topical product such as frontline, advantix II or vectra would be appropriate.

Customer:

Hello! Thank you

Dr. G. :

Often the tick collars do not work well, unless you use the seresto collar from Bayer, which is a bit expensive

Customer:

Is it too soon to give her a dose iof something like Frontline if she just received a dose of advantage multi on saturday?

Dr. G. :

you can give a dose now. you can give them at the same time typically without any major issues

Dr. G. :

there has been plenty of time between the two, so I don't imagine any issues

Customer:

good. is it effective immediately? How long does something like Frontline take to be effective?

Dr. G. :

Typically it takes about 6 hours to kick in.

Dr. G. :

can I help you with anything else today?

Customer:

No. Thank you for all your help!

Dr. G. :

you are very welcome. Have a great day and have a great camping trip this weekend!

Dr. G. :

Please feel free to contact me again if you need any further information, otherwise please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation. My goal is 100% customer satisfaction. If you do not believe you have received this, please reply back before rating and I will help you further. Thank you and have a great weekend!

Hi Gabe,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Daisy. How is everything going?

Dr. G.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything is going well. Went camping without any incident of ticks. Thanks for your help.

-gabe