Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

I have a 95lbs male rotweiler mix. he has hyp diplasia. I am

I have a 95lbs male rotweiler mix. he has hyp diplasia. I am planning to give him glucosamine. Can i give him 750 mg? I was asked to give 650 but i found 1500 mg tabs and I was wondering if i can cut it and use half tablet.
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear about your guy and his hip dysplasia. Absolutely 750 mg of glucosamine will be perfectly safe with him. It will not cause any problems. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Other vet suggested 650 mg. But is 750 mg fine too? Just wanted to make sure. Sorry to ask you the same question agian.

Yes even though the other vet suggests 650 mg the 750 mg you wish to give him is perfectly ok. There are no concerns giving him a little extra glucosamine.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead