Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist

Hello, I have a couple of boxers. The female has completed

I have a couple of boxers. The female has completed 3 years old and the male is 10 months young. By the age of them, do you think they still have chance of breeding?

Hi carlos,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I've professionally worked with animals for over 16 years dealing with both health and behavioral issues.
With just the information you have supplied, there shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't be able to breed. You do not want to breed a female too young but at 3 she isn't too young. YOu also don't want to breed them for the first time if the female is over 8 years old, so she is fine there as well.
Males usually become sexually active around 7-8 months of age, so he should be ready to mate as well, though we do suggest health testing of dogs before breeding. Hip testing usually occurs when dogs are 2 years of age.

I hope this information is helpful to you and you are satisfied with my response. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have .

If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may click here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well. Please recommend me to your friends and family members if they have any problems with their dog as well. I would truly appreciate it.

Hi Carlos,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?