Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

I think my dog might have gotten stung in the mouth by a bee

I think my dog might have gotten stung in the mouth by a bee but I am not sure. All I saw is a bee on the ground and her making a kind of spitting noise. She seems to be acting normally and her gums are pink and she is breathing ok. Is there anything I should look out for? What would be the critical stage of an allergic reaction? It's been about 15 minutes and she seems to be fine. Thank you.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

If there is going to be an allergic reaction, we generally see it within 30 minutes or so. The fact that your girl is still acting totally normal is a good sign.

I would keep an eye open for things like facial swelling, difficulty breathing, or pawing at her mouth. If you notice any of that, then you should give some Benadryl...the normal dose is 1-2mg/pound, so if she weighs 50 pounds, she could have between 2-4 of the regular 25mg tablets once every 10 hours.

However, if you don't see any symptoms, then you don't have to give the Benadryl.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. That's what I figured. She is just about a year and I have run to the vet for everything it seems! I'll keep an eye on her and if anything is out of the ordinary, I'll take her to the vet.

You're very welcome!!