Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

Hello, My 3 years old female boxer is having her 3rd fertile

My 3 years old female boxer is having her 3rd fertile cycle and now she started to limp. Could both things be related to each other? It never had puppies.

Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear about Morgana. the limping is most likely not related to her heat cycle. she most likely has pulled/strained/injured her leg in some way. I would rest her, do not let her run/jump/play for 4-5 days. You can also give her tylenol at a dose of 5 mg per pound twice daily to help with any pain and inflammation. If you do not see improvement though then she should be seen by your vet to make sure its nothing more severe. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!
Hi Carlos,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Morgana. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead