Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

my dog is a female red nose pit seven yrs old.Just about

my dog is a female red nose pit seven yrs old.Just about a week now noticed ,as she was running around her back leg gave out .Now she has days that she just lays an crawls,an after few mins,she gets up an wobbles to move a short distance.Her spirits are good,appetitite ok.

Dr. G. :

Hello, my name isXXXXX i am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can

Dr. G. :

I am sorry to hear that Sway is not doing well.

Dr. G. :

Does she seem to favor one hind limb versus the other? Do you see her kick one leg out when she sits up? Has she been seen by a vet yet for this problem?

Customer:

sometimes yes she does favor one side,an sometimes she can't get either of her legs to work.Has not been seen by a vet for this.Did noticed that she seems bolded legged.now like out of place

Dr. G. :

I see. Given the breed and history, it is most likely a torn cranial cruciate ligament (similar to ACL tear in humans). This can be quite painful and they will avoid walking on the leg if at all possible. The way to fix this injury is with surgery to repair the leg to normal conformation. On average, the other leg will suffer the same injury in about 6 months, so it would be best to have it fixed sooner rather than later to reduce the likelihood of the other side becoming injured. Diagnosing this condition is very straight forward and a quick trip to the vet will get you a diagnosis and proper dog safe pain medication

Customer:

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Dr. G. :

you are very welcome.

I wish you the best with Sway. Hopefully she will have a very quick recovery. Please feel free to contact me again if you need any further information, otherwise please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation. My goal is 100% customer satisfaction. If you do not believe you have received this, please reply back before rating and I will help you further. Thank you and have a great day!

Customer:

could it be possible that she needs help with her joints?

Dr. G. :

She needs pain and anti-inflammatory medication, you vet can give you that. It would also be good to make sure her weight is nice and lean (can feel the ribs but not see the, big tuck under the belly) as this is ideal for any dog anyway but makes a big difference in this case. Starting a joint supplement such as Phycox or Dasuquin is a good idea to slow down the progression of arthritis as she ages

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sway. How is everything going?

Dr. G.