Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

Our ten month old Vizsla started excessively drooling on Sunday.

Our ten month old Vizsla started excessively drooling on Sunday. We found online that it could be caused by a bee sting and she was bitten on Saturday evening. The drooling decreased to almost nothing yesterday but this morning she vomited up all her food and is drooling again. She is acting normal other then the drooling and after she vomited didn't appeared to be in any distress.Could there be another cause for this and should I take her to the vet? Thank you for your help!
Hello, thank you for using this site to help you with your problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the dog field for 25 years. It will be my pleasure to help you today. Please understand that I may send an information request so that I may gather what I need to better help you with your problem

Drooling can be a symptom of Nausea as well so if she stopped then started again and vomited up her food there may be something going on in the belly.

Is the pups appetite still there?
Has there been any diarrhea?
Does the pup eat non food items such as raw hides, bones, toyhs , grass etc.?

Could he have gotten into garbage or a toxin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Her appetite has been the same as usual. She had a normal stool yesterday morning and then I noticed a loose stool in the evening. We

don't give her raw hides or bones but she does manage to get toilet paper

rolls and eat them sometimes and she ate the brim off my husband's baseball cap on Saturday night. The garbage can is under the sink. so no

to that and no toxins.She does eat grass form time to time though.

Thank you Linda for that information.

Check the teeth for discoloration, and the gums as well as this would indicate a tooth /gum problem and cause drooling.

I would also worry about an obstruction of the bowel from the brim or toilet paper or combined. Generally you will see a change in stool , vomiting, eventually lack of appetite. This would require an x ray and possibly surgery.

It is a possibility that it is due to a virus so for that I would try fasting her overnight (24 hours) she can have water and then give a bland diet of boiled chicken (no fat or grease) and cooked white rice. Give 2 tablespoons wait four hours and if she holds that down then give 2 more. IF she can't hold it down then there is something going on that needs a vet.

Keep an eye on the stool and see if the brim of the hat comes out
Hi Linda,

I am just checking in to see how Murphy was feeling.