Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My dog ate a 1/2 tube of Lamisil foot cream. What should we

My dog ate a 1/2 tube of Lamisil foot cream. What should we do? Is this a medical emergency?
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a 2003 graduate, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Keka.

fortunately, Keka is a large breed dog. My concern would be a bit more increased if she was only 20 pounds.

I am not concerned about any organ toxicity although antifungal agents can have a impact on the liver. Her larger body size will help to combat that concern.
But! Could it predispose to some gastrointestinal symptoms? Yes

So, you'll need to monitor for any vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite,hypersalivation, or panting (to suggest nausea).

So, not an immediate medical emergency, but if illness does result, you will want to get into a vet for supportive care.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate, my goal is to provide you the best answer possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease. I just couldn't afford a trip to the ER vet tonight. We will keep a close eye on her.
You are welcome Leanne.
I hope I am correct. Of course, only educated guess. Wish you both good luck.

Hi Leanne,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Keka. How is everything going?