Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

my dog has been vomiting white foam and shaking in the last

my dog has been vomiting white foam and shaking in the last few hours. she has vomited 5 times so far.
Hello, Thank you for requesting me to assist you today. I am sorry Athena is not feeling well. I just have a few questions so I can better assist you.

Has she had any recent changes in her diet either new foods, treats or human foods?

Any chance she got into anything she should not have?

Is she spayed, if not when was her last heat cycle?

When did she last pass stool and was it normal?

Is her stomach harder or larger then normal?

Does she ever eat nonfood items such as toys, clothes etc?

Is she current on vaccines?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Candy,

Has she had any recent changes in her diet either new foods, treats or human foods? I gave her a new treat. Vomiting started after that. First was the treat coming back. The remaining 4 was the white foam. All times shaking was involved.

Any chance she got into anything she should not have? No.

Is she spayed, if not when was her last heat cycle? Not spayed yet. She is in heat cycle now.

When did she last pass stool and was it normal? Earlier and yes.

Is her stomach harder or larger then normal? No, I just checked.

Does she ever eat nonfood items such as toys, clothes etc? She has the big dog ropes she plays with. That is all. She does not chew on clothes or anything else.

Is she current on vaccines? Yes.

Thanks.

Thank you .

The most common cause of vomiting white foam is simple stomach upset .If this started after giving the new treat then it is possible this is the cause.

Shaking is common with vomiting and can also be a sign of pain, fever, or anxiety.

What I would try is
* Withhold all food for 12 hours. Offer ice instead of water for hydration.
* Give Pepcid AC at a dose of 0.25mgs per pound of body weight every 12 hours for the next 24 hours
* If you do not have Pepcid Pepto Bismol can be given. This is dosed at 1 teaspoon per 20lbs every 8-10 hours.

Tomorrow I would give a bland diet of either boiled chicken and rice or hamburger and rice boiled meat only then rinse well to remove all fat.

I would not give these treat anymore

This can also be symptoms of more serious problems such as pancreatitis,bacterial infection, problems with the liver or kidneys. Hopefully this is just due to the treat and the above things will help make her feel better.
If she continues to vomit tonight or has any additional problems tomorrow then I would give your vet a call.

Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns. Please give her a good pet from me and tell her I ope she feels better soon.
Candy
Hi Melissa,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Athena. How is everything going?

Candy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Candy,

Athena is doing much better. It must have been the treats. I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here to help someone such as me and my baby. It is GREATLY appreciated. If I need you again, believe me, I will be back.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
You are an angel!

Thanks,

Melissa

I am so happy to hear she is feeling better. I am glad I was here to help, getting feed back like this makes it all worth it. It was my pleasure .

Give her a big belly rub from me and Thank you so much for taking the time to update me