Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

I still have not done any further analysis thru a vet. Just

I still have not done any further analysis thru a vet. Just a lot of reading and praying. LilyPearl is not wanting to eat but just a bit now n then... quite worrisome... looking a little rough/thin... still wags tail... sweetie that she is. I have tried to get her to eat a number of different things, but not much luck getting her to eat but 2 or 3 bites... I imagine she thinks "oh no here she comes again with food"... and still mostly wanting the (raw) 90% lean hamburger. Refuses cheese, cottage cheese, cooked eggs, peanut butter, yogurt, bread, almonds, popcorn... and even canned dog food (though I only tried on flavor/brand).
I was giving her the Denamarin (425mg) in the evening but this morning have decided to switch to the AM hoping she would feel better most of the day, another trial. She doesn't seem to have any trouble sleeping. She is able to have movements and the stools are fairly solid now and dark... so a least the diarrhea seems to have subsided. Thank goodness for little things.
Was wondering about Ursodiol? What do you think of putting her on it? Will consult with my vet tomorrow too but if you get a chance to respond...
She will go for a walk with me and eats a little grass, as she always has. I worry a little to tire her but at least it seems to perk her (and me) up a bit... and she often has a bowel movement then.
You cannot wait any longer. Your window to treat her with additional medications is closing as a result of not doing that follow up. The ultrasound is very important.

Most vets will not start Ursodiol without the ultrasound. Why?

Because if there is any biliary tract obstruction, it can make things worse. Obstruction can occur with underlying problems like liver disease.

Truly wish i could do more Susan, but the ability to start some extra medications, which could be helpful, is a bit dependent on the additional testing we discussed.

Very sorry for such a tough situation.

Love Denamarin. Won't treat the primary problem, but definitely can help out the liver.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After just 10 days after me taking LilyPearl to our vet with me saying 'She just doesn't seem quite right' and almost feeling foolish for the visit, her condition quickly degraded... with professional advice and great sorrow, we decided LilyPearl's liver condition and the underlying problem (cancer) was impossible to overcome. Her vet came to our home and ended that battle... she is now at peace.

I thank you for your advice and help.

You are welcome Susan.
I am very sorry for your loss. You and your family have my deepest sympathy and support.