Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis Graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

Is brewers yeast good to use for fleas and ticks for a toy

Is brewer's yeast good to use for fleas and ticks for a toy poodle?
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a 2003 graduate, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

No, it will repeatedly fail.
If not really worried about ticks, than nothing on the market currently beats using the oral "pill" for flea control called Comfortis. Incredible product. The other version of it that includes heartworm prevention is called Trifexis.

If concerned about ticks, for dogs, I like Vectra 3D, also sold as Simpleguard.

I would not rely on Brewer's yeast. Too many problems and failures that I have heard occurring.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding, my goal is to provide you the best answer possible.