Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

Dog was spayed two months ago on September 10th, I was

Dog was spayed two months ago on September 10th, I was petting my 7 month old chihuahua and felt what seemed to be stitches under her skin on the insicion site. The area isn't inflamed nor red. It doesn't bother her at all, she is eating well and being her happy self. I can see what seems to be veins under her skin close to her insicion. Is all this normal? Should I worry?

Dr. G :

Hello, my name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Dr. G :

I assume you mean Princess was spayed two months ago in July? Was she seen by a vet after being adopted?

Customer:

I have been taking her to petco clinics since I adopted her back in April. She was taken to the St Lucie Humane society to get the procedure done. They removed stitches and that was all.

Dr. G :

I see. It is normal for their to be stiches under the skin as the body is closed in many layers. There are also many blood vessels under the skin in that area as well which is normal. As long as there is no open wound, there is nothing to worry about. What you describe sounds like pretty normal skin in that area.

Customer:

Thank you so much for your help. I was really worries, she truly is my baby.

Dr. G :

you are very welcome.

I wish you the best with little Princess. Please feel free to contact me again if you need any further information, otherwise please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation. My goal is 100% customer satisfaction. If you do not believe you have received this, please reply back before rating and I will help you further. Thank you and have a great day!

Customer:

You did great! Thank you! I am very satisfied!!!