Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

There is a little growth on the outside of my dogs paw near

There is a little growth on the outside of my dogs paw near where his dew claw used to be. It started off dark in color but is now pink with blood vessels. It's about the size of a large pea. Only on the outside of his paw, not under the skin. Should I be concerned? It reminds me of a tick when it fills with blood but he has never been in an area with ticks, only for short walks in our neighborhood, no bushes.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Does it look anything like this:

Or this one:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, this is on the exterior of his paw.
Not a lump. It's just hanging on the skin like a skintag or tick. I'm trying to upload a picture but can't see how to do that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is a picture.

Thanks for the additional information and the picture!

Any idea how long that's been there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It started out smaller and black a few months ago. I honestly thought it was something with his dew claw.

Perfect! Thanks for the additional information!!

I really do think that he's got a little skin tag going on there that may just be fluid filled. If it had only been there for a few hours or so, then I'd suspect it was a tick but since it's been there for months, I'm almost positive that's what it is.

Of course, the best hting to do is to have your vet take a peek at it. They may want to do an FNA (fine needle aspiriate) of the lump, where they use a needle to take a little of the material out of the lump and look at it under a microscope to determine what it is.

The good news is that if he's not bothered by it, then there's likely little cause for concern!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Awesome! We did a little more looking and see it looks similar to warts :) I won't panic and will have him checked soon when he gets his shots. He's totally fine, licks it every now an then. Thanks a ton! I really appreciate your help!