Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hi Gail , I'm Dr. Deb. I will do my best to assist you today. I'm sorry that you're worried about Gizmo but you don't have to be.The small amount of custard that she ingested wouldn't be enough to cause any concern for her even though she's a small dog herself. At high doses, nutmeg is an hallucinogen and might cause some problems but at the normal levels used in cooking, this wouldn't constitute a toxic amount.Some dogs are lactose intolerant and she might develop loose stools, although I'd be surprised if she did. But if this does occur, a bland diet of chicken and rice for a day or so should resolve the problem very quickly.I hope this helps and gives you peace of mind. And, I hope she enjoyed her snack:) Deb
I just wanted to thank you for the rating and bonus; it's greatly appreciated.
Kindly ignore the request for additional information. Regards, Deb