Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

My 18 pound a poo ate 3 ounces of organic coconut70% dark

My 18 pound cock a poo ate 3 ounces of organic coconut70% dark chocolate . Should I be concerned?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Are you seeing any vomiting , muscle tremors or any other symptoms
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No vomiting or tremors

In a dog this weight 2.9 ozs of dark chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, increased drinking and rapid heart beat it is just under the amount that can cause some muscle tremors and seizures.
Since you are unsure exactly when this has been eaten and you have not seen any vomit ( which would be expected) I would suggest inducing vomiting to decrease any risks and get this out of the system. You can induce vomiting by giving 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide per 10lbs of body weight. This can be done twice if needed.

If he does not vomit up the chocolate I would keep a close eye on him making sure you offer plenty to drink as the toxins can be reabsorbed by the bladder. If you notice any muscle tremors or seizure like activity he should be seen right away.

Here is a great link that gives more information on toxic doses by type and weight LINK

I hope this helps and he does ok, Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.