Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

we have two dogs, a 60 lb lab and a 40 lb cockapoo, who got

we have two dogs, a 60 lb lab and a 40 lb cockapoo, who got into a new bag of Maxforce ant bait (package of 24). They got into every one of them. What should we do?
Hello, I am sorry no one has assisted you . I just signed online and saw your question.My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Were these the ant bait plastic stations, if so did they eat any of the plastic, if not what type was this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they were the plastic ant stations. I don't believe they ate the plastic, they bit into them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Maxforce - plastic ant bait stations

Thank you for the additional information.

Thankfully the active ingredient in these ant baits is the same active ingredient in Frontline flea and tick prevention. This contains 0.0100% of Fipronil where as Frontline is 10% so as you can see this is much much lower.

This should not be enough to cause any major problems but can cause some digestive upset including vomiting and or diarrhea. Signs of over dose would be facial twitching, incoordination, tremors. I doubt you will see that even if the smallest dog got all of the bait stations but I wanted to let you know the signs.

If there is any possibility that they ate any plastic this can cause a blockage and or perforation of the digestive tract and you would want to watch for things such as loss of appetite that last more then 24 hours, vomiting after eating or trouble passing stool.

I suspect they will both be fine.

I hope this helps ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.
Candy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou. We will continue to watch. Appreciate the help.

You are very welcome
Hi Carrie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sophie. How is everything going?

Candy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sophie and Louie are doing fine. There has been no side effects noticed from the ant bait. Whew. And no sign if plastic in their systems either. Thanks for checking.
I am glad to hear things are well and they had no problems. Thank you for taking the time to update me