Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

I have 2 3 month old chi puppies. One boy (ChiChi) and one

I have 2 3 month old chi puppies. One boy (ChiChi) and one girl (Chloe) and we love them both bunches. We plan on having them as indoor dogs and are thus crate training them with pee pads. We have had them for about 2 1/2 months. We have been doing some training but don't know exactly what to do and are on a tight budget. My question is how do I get the right training for my puppies? Petsmart offers classes but they are expensive. There are paid websites online, but are they worth it? I've read books already. How do I know what I'm doing/getting I'd right for my puppies? I have to go into work now but I welcome your response.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I know this can be frustrating trying to know how to train your puppies. The best thing that I have found that is easy and cheap is using Youtube videos online that will teach you how to teach your puppies. They have Obedience videos as well as housetraining videos...I found these invaluable when training my own puppy because they show you how to do this without paying money for training at Petsmart and other venues.

The only positive thing about training classes is socialization of your puppies. You can fond inexpensive Obedience Classes at the local park in your area or you can take your puppies to dog parks so they get used to obeying with many distractions of other dogs.

These I have found useful:

There are many others....

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Chris for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about Chloe's Training. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a great day, Chris...Chloe too!