Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

my female dog is loosing a lot of blood at first it was drops

my female dog is loosing a lot of blood at first it was drops as a normal heat cycle but now after 4 days when she gets up from laying down its a big puddle of blood she also stop eating losing weight she is eight years old going to take her to the vet but cant get there for two more days dont think she'll make it what could be the problem
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Is it plain blood, or have you noticed any purulent discharge (purulent means pus)?

Is she hot to the touch?

Is she drinking normally?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no pus, no vomiting not drinking any water not hot
How much blood would you estimate is in each puddle?

Are her gums pink or pale?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
about a coffee cup pale and she seems to be slobbing a lot before she didnt
Okay. Thanks for the extra information. I appreciate it.

I am very, very worried that she's got some sort of hemmorage going on. The amount of blood you're describing is an excessive amount and the fact her gums are pale is a sign that she has lost a dangerous amount of blood.

At this point, there is nothing you can do at home to treat her. You were right when you stated you didn't think that she's going to make it to her appointment in two days. She absolutely needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

She needs to be seen by an emergency vet right away. If you're not sure where the emergency vet is in your area, you can go to: www.vetlocator.com and plug in your zip code. They'll tell you where the closest emergency vet is.

I wish I could tell you to wait, but this is something very serious. Older, giant breed dogs are prone to this kind of hemmorage, so getting her seen sooner, rather than later, is going to be the key to her making a full recovery.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for her and you!