Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

We have alot of smoke from forest fires. both of my dogs are

We have alot of smoke from forest fires. both of my dogs are coughing. sounds like a dry cough, is there anything i can give them>. Our 6 yr old schnauzer is on60 mg trilostane. thanks
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear about your dogs and the forest fires. I hope you all are safe otherwise. You can safely give benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 8 hours to help with the irritation the smoke is causing. You can use it as long as necessary. You should see improvement in 24 to 48 hours. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate if you have any further questions or concerns. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, we are all safe. Thank you! I will give it a try.