Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

I am taking care of my grand-doggy. She is a yellow Lab approx

I am taking care of my grand-doggy. She is a yellow Lab approx 1 yr. old. Not quite sure on her age. She gobbles her food, how do I help her not to do that?

Sally G. :

Hello, thank you for using this site to help you with your problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the dog field for 25 years. It will be my pleasure to help you today. Please understand that I may send an information request so that I may gather what I need to better help you with your problem.

Sally G. :

you can put it in a flat pan rather than s a bow' , you cn put a unopened can of vegetables in the bowl or they make bowls called Break-fast just for dogs that come with cylinders in the middle that the dog has to eat around

Sally G. :

bowls with cylinders;

Sally G. :

it seems you may be away from the computer if you need more information just hit reply

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try it during her 2 feedings today!

It is important to slow down the feeding of large breed dogs to try to prevent Bloat. Another thing that may help is raising the feeding bowl to chest height. Sometimes when the bowl is on the floor they tend to gulp and take in a lot of air.

They sell raised bowls or platforms but I just got wire plant stands at the end of summer when they went on sale and put the bowl in them. I have used them for food and water for years. They don't break down like wood does and you can stack them when you need them out of the way. Just a thought:)

If you need more help with this hit reply, if not once you have rated my answer I would like to schedule a free follow up with you to see how things are going. If you feel you need help with a new problem please contact me via this link and ask your question. Referrals to friends and family are welcomed and appreciated.
Hi Carol,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ruby. How is everything going?

Sally G.