Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM for 15 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.

My two year old Yorkie has a lump on her throat, bottom and

My two year old Yorkie has a lump on her throat, bottom and to the right. We just noticed it, presumably because her fur is so thick around her throat. What do we do?
Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
Does it bother her when you press on it? Is it warm to the touch? Is it in the are where we have "swollen glands" or "swollen lymph nodes?"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does not seem to bother her when I press on it, and it seems like it's in the place on my throat where my "Adam's Apple" is.

I would definitely have it checked out.
If it were an infection, like an abscess, she would be painful when you pressed on it and she would be acting ill.
It could also be a tumor. Do not panic, usually cancerous tumors grow really fast and they are very firm to the touch. They often feel like cauliflower and are "bumpy."
It could be a benign fatty tumor or other type of benign tumor.
It could also be a blocked salivary gland or a swollen lymph node. Those are usually on one side, or the other, and more below the jaw line.
As long as she is eating well, and happy, you can wait until next week to have it checked out. What will happen is the vet will take some cells out with a needle and syringe. Then the cells will be examined under the microscope. If it is appears to be an infection, she will be put on antibiotics. If it looks like inflammation, she will be put on an anti-inflammatory. If any of the cells look suspicious, the vet will recommend surgical removal of the lump.
If it is going to stress you out all weekend, you can take her to the vet first thing in the morning. Most vets are open on Saturday mornings.
I hope this helps.
If you have additional questions, please click "reply."
Hi Richard,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mitzy. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby