Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

Hi, I have a 3 year old female pit bull, and I think I

I have a 3 year old female pit bull, and I think I noticed some blood in her least it looks red. I also notice on walks that she urinates quite often...but today is the first time I notice any discoloration. Any ideas?
Hello there. My name isXXXXX and what you are describing is most likely a urinary tract infection. A bacterial infection of the bladder causes irritation that leads to bleeding in the bladder and the urge to go frequently. The only way to treat this is to get a urine sample, have it examined by your vet and then get her started on some antibiotics. A course of antibiotics should fix her right up. After the antibiotic course a second sample should be examined to make sure everything is cleared up. So i would call your vet in the morning and have her seen. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please also do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you