Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

I have a 45 lb Male Brittany Spaniel whose fatty tumor has

I have a 45 lb Male Brittany Spaniel whose fatty tumor has erupted. Is it safe to go him a small dose of my amox tr k clv?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Is Tango's tumor currently bleeding?

Is it somewhere he can lick it?

When did it erupt?

Does it seem to be bothering him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tango tumor erupted yesterday while I was at work. His appetite was good and he seemed okay but I bathed him and used some betadine solution diluted on it. Today he's not feeling well but did eat and I have an Elizabethan collar on him. Can I wait til tomorrow to see a vet or should I go to the emergency vet. I know he isn't feeling right and is listless. Thanks, bess
Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

I am a bit concerned with the fact that Tango is lethargic today. If this was a case of him just having a small wound from that tumor breaking, then I'd tell you to just go ahead and wash the area with a warm water and gentle soap (baby shampoo works great for this because it doesn't sting) and then use something like Neosporin on it to help it be free from infection.

However, I wouldn't expect him to be lethargic from that, so there is a possibility that there is something more going on. The fact he did eat is good, so as long as he stays as stable as he is now, you could wait until tomorrow to have him seen by his regular vet...of course, if he gets sicker or more lethargic, then you should take him to the emergnecy vet tonight.

I hope he's feeling better soon.