Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Hi there.. I have an 8yr old Golden and I noticed some lumps

Hi there.. I have an 8yr old Golden and I noticed some lumps and had them checked out.. all fat. But I noticed the other day as I was petting him, his sides back by his legs are hard and seem to be swollen. Its not his upper leg muscle its like his stomach but higher.. where is mid section connect to his legs.. its hard on both sides and swollen? Can you help answer this?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Is he having any trouble walking at all?

Do the areas seem uncomfortable?

What part of the country do you live in?

Is he on any medications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Lisa, No trouble walking.. I would think it would be some what uncomfortable if it was me. We live in Missouri and No meds.. He seems to be happy.. I mean he doesnt seem like its bothering him that much but I know its not normal. Thanks

Thanks for the additional information.

Some dogs develop a little swelling in that area due to the heat or due to things like tick borne disease or heart issues which can cause edema. However, from your description and that fact that he's not seeming any different than normal, I suspect this is something normal for him.

I'd just keep an eye on it for now and see if it changes. If it gets bigger, causes him discomfort or if he shows any signs of other symptoms, then you can have your vet take a peek, but I woudln't be worried just yet.