Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog pees on the floor anytime some one pets her or sometime

My dog pee's on the floor anytime some one pets her or sometime just because someone walks in the door can I do anything to stop this behavior?
Hello, and thanks for requesting me.

My name isXXXXX am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

This actually quite a hard problem to overcome as timid dogs generally stay that way and what you are seeing is actually submissive urination. The main way to overcome it is to ignore the dog completely when you come home and then have some treats to take her mind off things when she approaches you over the following five or ten minutes. It is also essential to tell visitors to ignore her as well.

You see the excitement and hence the urination is triggered when she first sees people so you have to minimise the initial contact. Hopefully she will gradually learn that people coming into the house is no big deal and become more relaxed in that situation.

I have known this work ...

You can reference this web site for further information on the topic : LINK

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your help

No problem, very glad to have advised you.