Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

My border collie has collie nose. Is there an ointment that

My border collie has collie nose. Is there an ointment that will help soften her nose? What about Vaseline?
Hello there! My name isXXXXX and using sunblock obviously is extremely important with collie nose when out in the sun. That is the first step. To soften her nose though I do not recommend Vaseline because it is petroleum based. But I do recommend vitamin E oil from any pharmacy or another wonderful product is Natural Dog Company Snout Soother. This product does an amazing job. You can start with vitamin E oil and see how well that does. Some dogs it works perfect others prefer snout soother since it is more a paste compared to an oil. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!