Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

My mothers dog is my dogs father. When I was deployed, my

My mothers dog is my dog's father. When I was deployed, my mother kept the dog. When she realized my dog was in heat and set up an alternative, she was too late. Will the pups be deformed since the dogs are father and daughter. (this was actually a co worker who has this issue}
Hello there. My name isXXXXX puppies will most likely be normal. Unfortunately inbreeding is super common in the dog breeding world. Good breeders do not allow it to happen but puppy mills and such do. But the puppies should not have a problem and should be normal. I hope this helps. there is nothing to worry about really. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. thank you!