Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dogs heat ended. Aweek or so later we took her to the vet

My dogs heat ended. Aweek or so later we took her to the vet to get her rabies shot. About a month later we discovered she was pregnant. Could the rabies shot affect the puppies? We calculate her being possibly a week no more than two into her pregnancy when she received her shot.

Hello and welcome.

This is not an information request but just a short message to introduce myself.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Please give me fifteen minutes or so to think through your particular problem, prepare an answer, and then type things up. I will then get back to you and we can then talk things over.

Hello again Tabitha and thanks for waiting.

I know this is a worry for you but the chances are that everything will be OK, I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think ...

Giving any vaccine in the first part of pregnancy is undesirable however statistically the chances of this causing any problem would be very low. While problems are possible most pregnant dogs will in fact get away with this.

All you can do is to wait and see ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Hi Tabitha,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Queen. How is everything going?

Scott Nimmo