Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

Hello! We currently use kiln dried, black walnut wood (approximately

Hello! We currently use kiln dried, black walnut wood (approximately 3 inch by 6 inch pieces) as flea repellent in our house; we have a cat. With everything we have heard and read, please advise if it would be safe for a puppy.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Unfortunately, as little as 5% of black walnut in bedding (some pet beds used to have it in them) can cause a toxic reaction in dogs. I know that you're using kiln dried, which is okay for the repellant..however, I would NOT use it with a puppy.

There's more information on it here:

Because it's so toxic, I'd be worried that the puppy may find a small piece of the black walnut and chew on it.

I hope this helps.