Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

I have a four year old boxer who on Monday yelped when he tried

I have a four year old boxer who on Monday yelped when he tried to get into a chair. He also doesn't want to go up or down the stairs. He was having a hard time relieving his bowels, so I took him to the vet. I thought maybe it was a partial blockage. But vet feels he would be vomiting if that were the case. He gave him a shot and he did move his bowels yesterday afternoon...but he has not gone since then. He did eat last night. The vet put him on rymadil starting this morning. But I am still concerned it might be a blockage.....what do you think?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear Poke is having some trouble. I just have a few questions so I can better assist you.

Is he limping at all?

Did your vet check his knees?

Were x rays or blood work done
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is not limping. He did not examine his knees, and no x rays or blood work done

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that it? do I get a response?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have answered this...he is not limping, he did not check his knees, and no x rays or blood work done

Thank you for the additional information.

This could indicate problem in the stomach , however I would be more suspicious of pain in the hips, knees or back if he is refusing to use the stairs.
One of the most common problem we see in a large breed dog are problems with the cruciate ligament in the knee. This will not only make them leery to jump and use stairs but also make it painful to get in to the proper position to pass stool.
Click the links below for additional information
Cruciate injuries
Hip Dysplasia
Disc problems

Again I can not rule out stomach pain but as your vet said normally with a blockage we see vomiting and loss of appetite.

I would suggest having the knees checked and getting x rays to look at the hips and spine. Your vet will also be able to get a look at the abdomen with these x rays to look for any signs of blockage.

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.